Who doesn’t love the sights, sounds, and smells of Halloween — from the patchwork of autumn leaves to their crunch underfoot and the intoxicating aroma of pumpkin pie? All those things come alive in a good story. Now you can make this Halloween special for others by helping 10 authors raise 1,000 books this month.
Donate a book from today through October 19 — or just participate in the event — and you could earn some goodies of your own. Trust me, this is way better than candy (who needs those extra five pounds, anyway?). You could win a $100 Amazon gift card, signed copies of the authors’ books, or a special swag bag (see details below). The Friction Frolic for All Hallow’s Read blog tour and fundraiser benefits the Books for America charity, which gave more than $800,000 worth of books and materials to DC area schools, shelters, and other educational programs and organizations last year.
But Friction Frolic is also a blog-a-thon of sorts: From now through Oct. 5, you can read about how books shaped these authors’ love for reading and writing. From Oct. 8-12, they’ll be sharing their best Halloween experiences and their favorite scary books, movies, or pieces of literature. And from Oct. 15-19, you can enjoy some flash fiction, short stories, and novel excerpts.
Here’s a list of the participating authors:
- Eleanor T Beaty, author of the YA paranormal Veiled Mist
- Brewin’ author of the supernatural horror, The Dark Horde
- Andy Gavin, author of the fantasy horror, The Darkening Dream
- Laxmi Hariharan, author of the YA fantasy, The Destiny of Shaitan
- Kimberly Kinrade, author of the YA paranormal thriller/romances, Forbidden Mind & Forbidden Fire
- Richard Long, author of the supernatural thriller/horror, The Book of Paul
- M.C. Mars, author of the mind-bending novel, Burner
- Melissa McPhail, author of epic fantasy Cephrael’s Hand
- Sheryl Steines, author of She Wulf & Days of First Sun
- Pavarti K Tyler., author of the Lit Fic Shadow on the Wall and the erotic horror Consumed by Love
What book will you choose?
Click the button below to enter the Rafflecopter.